tunes

the1andonlygr81
Private
Private

tunes

Postby the1andonlygr81 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:32 pm

im looking for anyone with mark viii tuning exp.ANYONE? ALso someones general tuning advice as it pertains to a/f ratios and timing

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: tunes

Postby Sniper Chris » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

I'm not specialized in Mark VIII tuning but I can certainly answer any AFR questions.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

the1andonlygr81
Private
Private

Postby the1andonlygr81 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 am

ok lets start at the beginning. i dont know what the a/f ratios are but going for performance part and full throttle what should i e at? if i need to know where to see what they are now how do i get that? how are they adjusted in tune? by full throttle and idle?by gear?and not completely changing sub. but jumping to a 65mm throttle body will i need bigger mass air meter and/or if i go with a lightning mass air withouy changing throttle body will that improve performance? im of the understandinfg that larger mass air and throttle body will let you add more air and thus fuel for more power.tyhe larger throttle body flows 4-500 more cfm about 1250cfm how does all this tie together moreover how do i utilize this in tune?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sniper Chris » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 am

If the modifications a supercharger, turbo or NOS then the Air/Fuel ratio should be about 11.8 at WOT.
If the modifications do not include the above mods then the Air/Fuel ratio should be 12.8 at WOT.
You will need to get a Air/Fuel monitor to determine what it is currently and after you install the modifications.

Without knowing all the modifications you plan on doing, it's hard to say whether you'll need the larger MAF or throttle body. A bone stock engine running natural aspiration probably will not benefit much from a larger MAF and/or throttle body (or may help just slightly). Yes it's true that more air and more fuel will make more power but the engine needs to be equipped to handle more air and fuel.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Lincoln and Mark VIII”