Another Stock file not returning bullet thread

Have a question or in need of assistance?
4eyedcoupe
Private
Private

Another Stock file not returning bullet thread

Post by 4eyedcoupe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am

First, sorry for having to start another thread....But I am running into an issue of my stock tune not returning the bullet. A little background... I bought this software for this car and it is the first car(2004 Mustang GT) I used it on, but I've also used it on my brothers 96 Mustang too so his stock tune is currently in slot 6. It is the original stock file from the "customer reads" folder, and it is also the original ECU from the car, not a replacement. I have returned this ECU back to stock several times in the past without issue because I constantly switch to a canned tune out of a handheld because when I turn off traction control with Sniper the car runs like complete poo-poo(I'd love to figure this out too because then I could use Sniper exclusivley). I need to shut traction control off today and I don't want to screw up either tuner because frankly, neither do everything that I need them to(handheld can't turn off PATS, Sniper can't successfully shut of traction control)so I need them both at different times for different reasons. Is there something I am missing or forgetting in my attempts? Thanks in advance for any help. Joe C.

Oh yea, if it matters...The box has a sticker on it handwritten "v23". I bought it directly from Sniper 4-5 years(I think) and still have the original invoice in my filing cabinet.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Another Stock file not returning bullet thread

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Something must have changed with the pcm for the Interface box not to release the Bullet when returned to stock. The handheld tuner may be altering (or leaving behind some type of mark) the tune in the pcm to cause this.
If you email me the stock tune then I can turn off traction control only and email back to you. This would allow you to create performance tunes with Special Forces like always but the tc would be already off (you would not select that in the software). You can email to snipertuned@yahoo.com. Make note of this post so I understand what I need to do.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

4eyedcoupe
Private
Private

Post by 4eyedcoupe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Chris, I emailed you my stock tune a little while ago, but it looks like I could have an even bigger problem. When I try to create a new tune using special forces, I get a message stating "Unable to locate a PCM file for this boxcode. Please read the file with the Delta Force Tuning interface or contact Tech Support" I'm getting this message whether I choose load a previous tune or start a new tune.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am

I've answered you via email already but I'm going to paste the same response here in case anyone else is following this thread with a similar issue.

There could be several reason for that message. These include:
1. The stock file is NOT in the "Original Files" folder
2. The "Original Files" folder is NOT in the right location (Delta Force Tuning folder)
3. The stock file is corrupt or the wrong size (112kb, 224kb, 448kb, 531kb, 1024kb, etc..)
4. You're typing in the wrong code for the computer box code in the SF software
5. The required template is not in the "TRM files" folder
6. The "TRM Files" folder is NOT in the right location (Delta Force Tuning folder)
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Help”