Returning to stock doesn't restore bullet

Have a question or in need of assistance?
Zinc01
Private
Private

Returning to stock doesn't restore bullet

Post by Zinc01 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm trying to return my car to stock, but it is not returning my bullet back to the interface. At one point I tuned my friends car, so my stock file was overwritten in slot 6. After he went to get a custom SCT tune, I returned his car to stock and it returned the bullet with no problem.

After loading my stock tune from the customer reads to the interface, it will not return the bullet. I've tried loading the stock tune in every slot available 1-5 and it will not return the bullet. This is in fact the original stock file that was read from my car, not one someone emailed, or my buddies.

Anyone have a solution? Something I'm missing?
KB 2.1 10PSI non-intercooled, NX nitrous, 3.73 gears, Hooker Longtubes, o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster catback/no tailpipes, K&N CAI, Triax shifter, Sniper tuned. Lowered 1.5" on 17x8 & 17x10.5 Bullitts

Zinc01
Private
Private

Re: Returning to stock doesn't restore bullet

Post by Zinc01 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Another quick question that crossed my mind.

My original reason for wanting the second bullet back, was that I intend to sell the Sniper setup. More importantly though, is my car actually returned to stock, if I didn't get the bullet back? I already have a brand new SCT X3 that my local tuner will be using to tune my car. I don't want to end up with a broken PCM.
KB 2.1 10PSI non-intercooled, NX nitrous, 3.73 gears, Hooker Longtubes, o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster catback/no tailpipes, K&N CAI, Triax shifter, Sniper tuned. Lowered 1.5" on 17x8 & 17x10.5 Bullitts

sniperpat469
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by sniperpat469 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

If you flashed the stock tune in it is stock, if the bullet did not come back that can be a different problem

PS

Zinc01
Private
Private

Post by Zinc01 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had emailed Chris about this a couple days ago and he answered my questions as well. As always, great customer support! I wish I had a tuner local to me that uses DF. I wouldnt have made the switch otherwise.

Return to “Special Forces Help”