Interface wont work, Programs crash, what am I doing wrong?

Have a question or in need of assistance?
mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Interface wont work, Programs crash, what am I doing wrong?

Post by mrkrogoth » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am

Good morning all,

Purchased a SF awhile back and finally got around to tuning the car now that it is built, I've begun to mess around with the product.
The problems I've run into so far:

1: Trying to use the interface to pull the stock tune from the car results in error code "25" from the interface. There is no documentation on this code and how to fix/get around it, so completely lost there. I've verified that the computer does not have any chip/tune on it already.

2: Trying to create a new tune in the Special Forces Gas program results in a crash on 3 separate computers, OSes, and even attempted a virtual machine Windows XP to get it to work.

3: When the new tune option does work, It wont recognize my cars 'box' code (GGL4). Matter of fact, I've sourced a list of pretty much every box code for the SN95 Mustangs and the program wont recognize any of them. It will crash on creating the tune in all OSes environments.

4: Multiloader program did have the .dll error but I managed to find the fix for that buy searching the forums - now, when It starts, it gives me the error "There was a problem reading file names from the interface.". Clicking any of the options freezes the program.

5: The multiloader software says that there are 0 bullets remaining. I've read that the rest of these problems can stem from this. I've never even used this thing before.

The car:
1997 Mustang GT 5.4L 4V swapped. T45 trans.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Interface wont work, Programs crash, what am I doing wrong?

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 am

Keep in mind our software does not come with any tunes (stock or modified). It only allows you to create tunes after reading the stock tune from the pcm. Since you're not able to read the stock tune then that explains why nothing else is working.

Error 25 is an engineering trouble code which is why there's no explanation in the manual. This is a extremely rare trouble code. It basically means that the Interface did not get a response from the pcm. Is this a good pcm? Does the vehicle start and run with this pcm? If so, then make sure you're performing the read process correctly.
1. key off
2. connect interface to vehicle (and not to laptop/pc)
3. press right button until LED's 5-6-7 are lit green
4. press left button
5. when LED's 3-4 start blinking then turn the ignition key on (must be done within 5 seconds of turning key on).
6. LED's should start scrolling across and LED 7 solid red.
7. when finished, LED 7 turns green and LED's 1-6 blink on/off

If you are performing these steps properly then there may be something wrong with the Interface.

Also, if the Multiloader software is showing 0 available Bullets and 0 used Bullets then the Interface is not communicating with the Multiloader software. This could be because the 4-5 .dll files were not saved properly (or again, there may be something wrong with the Interface). Did you save the 4-5 .dll files into the Delta Force Tuning folders (there are two Delta Force Tuning folders)?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Well that explains quite a bit of my problems concerning the software!

The vehicle starts, runs, and drives with this PCM. It Also will communicate with my scan tool (Autel Maxisys Pro) and allow me to view PIDs, codes, programming, and many other functions. I dont think the issue lies with the car or OBD port - I did double check the fuse and power at the port to make sure it was functioning correctly.

I tried that procedure a few times to see if it would work on a few attempts, but code 25 came up every time. Should i meter the cable to check if there is an issue there within the interface cable? Thank you for the quick reply.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 am

When you connect power to the Interface (whether through the USB/pc or OBD/car) how do the LED's come on? Do all 7 of them come on at the exact same time or do the last 3 LED's come on followed immediately by all LED's scrolling left to right?
If all 7 come on at exact same time then there is something wrong with the Interface box and it would need to be sent in. If they come on by scrolling then the Interface should be good.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Neither, actually./ I plug it and it scrolls across all 7 LEDs. Should i send this thing in?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 am

Scroll across was one of the options I mentioned. It should scroll across a few times and then all 7 stay lit.
You're definitely welcomed to send it in for us to check out.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Interesting. I will try pulling the tune from the PCM again. Is there anything else i should look for?

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Well, spent another hour trying to get this working. Cleared codes, cycled the key, tried loosening the cable, tightening the cable, same error Code 25. Fairly disheartened with this unit.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:40 am

Send it in. We'll be happy to check it out. If there's something wrong we'll fix or replace it. Send to:

Sniper, Inc.
253 Central Park Dr.
Sanford, FL 32771

Please include a note or a copy of this conversation so we'll know what's happening and what to check for when we receive it. Of course, please include your name, return address and phone number.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Thank you all for checking out the interface - It does pull the tune from the car now.

Next is the programs on the computer itself - I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software in an attempt to get this to work. I am currently trying to get this running on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine, and the multiloader software will crash once I attempt to read the file from the interface. I have let the program sit for over an hour thinking maybe it just needs awhile to read the data. I have tried a second USB cable, and a virtualized Windows XP environment.

The interface will not pull the tune back off the car again, Error 73 ( tune already pulled from car, transfer to PC.).

Do I need to be a in a native Windows XP environment for this software to operate?

Thank you for the help so far.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 am

I'm not sure about virtual setups but our software should work fine all the way up to Windows 10. At times a driver may not install properly but you should have gotten an error message. Do you get any error messages when you attempt to open the Multiloader software (Interface must be plugged in)?
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 pm

The error that comes up says :

There was a problem reading file names from the interface."

Is this a driver issue?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm

That's the entire error message? It looks like the beginning of a driver error message. Send me an email to: snipertuned@yahoo.com and write that you need driver error fix for your Multiloader and I'll send you what you need.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mrkrogoth
Private
Private

Post by mrkrogoth » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 pm

The driver fix did not work.
Same error comes up.

Multiloader program still freezes upon attempting to read the interface.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 am

Either you didn't save the drivers into the correct location or there's a hardware issue (usb cable, laptop) or the laptop itself just isn't stable. The Interface box checked out good.
Do you have another laptop/pc you can install on?
Can you send me a screen shot of your Delta Force Tuning folders?
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Help”