Supercharger tuning

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
mysticz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Supercharger tuning

Post by mysticz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 pm

I have a 2001 mustang gt. Stock motor with full exhaust, vortech supercharger 8psi, 42lb injectors, 90mm lighting maf, 255lph fuel pump.
I made a tune for all my modifications, it runs right around 14.7 at idle and cruise but drops to 10.0 at wot, I went full lean on afr modifier and it only raised it to around 10.4 at best. Does the special forces make a tune this rich to be safe or is there some else going on? I'm leary about pulling fuel from it... I don't want to scatter the motor. Has anybody else had this happen? Thanks for any information

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Supercharger tuning

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:53 am

Special Forces will be a little conservative but not that much. Are you sure that you answered all the questions correctly (especially the injector and MAF calibration)?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

mysticz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mysticz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:42 pm

I went through and double checked, everything is entered correctly. One thought I had is on the mass airflow sensor selection. I selected draw through 90mm lightning maf, would I be better off selecting stock maf instead? Thanks

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:08 am

This might sound silly but did you disable the traction control? If so, make another tune leaving it alone (stock) and then see how that works out. There were a few calibrations that acted like this after tuning with the traction control disabled.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”