Tuning a Nitrous 2001 V6 Mustang with Delta Force Software

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
jmacedo
Private
Private

Tuning a Nitrous 2001 V6 Mustang with Delta Force Software

Post by jmacedo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:28 pm

This topic will serve as my journal for CAI and wet nitrous tunes for a 2001 V6 (3.8) Mustang with 5 speed.

Stage 1: Tune for stock intake and 91 octane

11/5/15: If you have issues with using Sniper Force Gas and just the basic preset tune options you might want to check and see if you disabled traction control. It somehow messes with the tune. Upon medium to fully depressed pedal it studders like crazy. No adjusts to AFR or timing seemed to help. Hours of time trying to figure out what went wrong. It turns out it's not me; its you Delta Force ;). Thanks Chris for the heads up. For anyone experiencing this just keep it enabled and adjust the parameter in Commando (Traction control switch = 27). Change it to 0 located in On/Off switches. I am now on my way forward with this project!

11/5/15 late night: I have successfully tuned for 91 octane with the stock intake system. Everything works just as expected and my short term fuel trim has been ~1.0 at idle and nothing to out of place in terms of running too lean or too rich across the RPM range. First victory.

Stage 2:

Tune for CAI and 91 octane fuel

11/6/15 morning: I got my K&N filter and used my day off to figure out a way to get this huge filter on some 3" tubing. Turns out I'm the master of salvaging rubber. I used the rubber fitting of an old aftermarket filter with rubber fitting rings and slapped a ring of fuel rubber hose and extra spacer of another hose for a snug fit.

11/6/15 mid-day: My new CAI (if you can call it that) is installed and car tuned for 91 octane and CAI. Throttle response is awesome and acceleration is noticeably smoother. I will call today a success. Now onto adjustments using Commando. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts to further increase the power of my 3.8l. My thoughts are timing and AFR.

Stage 3:

The best for last is of course tuning for CAI, high octane and Wet nitrous kit.

More to come!

Reference and inspiration for this project:

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/pow ... -software/

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Tuning a Nitrous 2001 V6 Mustang with Delta Force Software

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:52 am

Good write up. Sorry for the early issue with traction control. Most cars don't experience this but unfortunately there are a few calibrations that do.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”