Connection problem

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
RACYA
Private
Private

Connection problem

Post by RACYA » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi guys, im having a connection problem with my interface, its a 97 Lincoln Mark engine and ECU im going thru the reading process and it just sits there with the last 3 lights on, i sent the interface back to have it checked its good, tryed it on a 02 F150 connected fine, so i know the interface works, ive checked and rechecked my ECU wiring all tests good, ive gone as far as just connecting the basics ground,power,key,comm wires and ECU program wire still no connection, i have 3 ECUs for this engine and all have the same response, my cheap OBD2 reader connects fine to all the ecus and engine starts fine, any other ideas? im leaning towards theres a compatability problem between the interface and ECUs of this model

Thanks Carlos

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Connection problem

Post by Sniper Chris » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:40 am

We done Mark VIII's before but just can't recall how many '97's. What is the 4 digit computer box code on your ecu?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

RACYA
Private
Private

Post by RACYA » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:31 pm

The original ECU code is BLX3, and the other one i have is BTC0, i have a new/reman Cardone unit but there isnt a 4 digit code on it
Thanks
Carlos

RACYA
Private
Private

Post by RACYA » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi, just wondering if you have an answer for me on these ECUs?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 am

Yes, both of those codes are supported by our software/hardware. We have run into trouble with reman computers because most of them do not have VIN#'s in them. This will prevent the Interface box from locking onto the pcm. I'm not sure why you're experiencing this problem since it worked fine with the F150.
Does the vehicle start and run with any of the pcm's?
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

RACYA
Private
Private

Post by RACYA » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:44 am

The engine starts and runs for about 10 seconds with both ECUs I'm gessing it's the PATS system kicking in.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 am

When you turn the key forward, do you hear the fuel pump coming on?
Would you be able to send me one (or both) of the pcm's along with your Interface box. I would be able to test it which would eliminate any possible issues with grounding or wiring, etc..
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

RACYA
Private
Private

Post by RACYA » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Sorry Chris, i had to walk away from this to rethink/cool down, so i didn't see your post till now, can i still send you my pcm's and interface so you can check it out? just let me know what the shipping is to return them and ill reimburse you.
Thank you
Carlos

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, you can send to:

Sniper, Inc.
251 Central Park Dr.
Sanford, FL 32771

Make sure you include a note with your name, return address and phone number. If you can, print this post conversation so I know what's going on and what needs to be done. Return shipping would be $17.50.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 pm

We got your computer today and can only come to the conclusion that both of the computers you sent are "burnt". I've attached two photos to help show how we come up with this.

1. picture one is of the wire harness connector of the pcm. As you can see one of the pins has been bent. I was hoping this was causing the non-communication problem but after straightening the pin there still wasn't any communication between the pcm and Interface. Could this have "burnt" the computer? Possibly but I'm not sure what function that pin is so I can't say for sure.
Lincoln Mk harness con.JPG
Lincoln Mk harness con.JPG (184.72 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
2. The second picture shows both of the pcm's J3 port. As you can see, the edge connector of both of these pcm's have been modified (scraped) to have a aftermarket computer chip plugged in. As you can see with all the loose silicone particles all over the place, the scraping/cleaning was done very poorly. This in itself would not have "burnt" the pcms but the chip that was installed on these pcm's certainly could have.
Lincoln pcm j3 port.JPG
Lincoln pcm j3 port.JPG (193.4 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
I double checked your Interface box and it reads/writes with other pcm's we have here. When you get it back, you'll notice that in position 6 of the Interface box is a stock 7.3 liter diesel file (the last pcm we tested with). I even tried to read the two pcm's you sent in with other Interface boxes we have here and they responded just like your Interface box (no communication). At this point, I would say that you need another pcm to get your vehicle back running. Any questions, just let me know.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

RACYA
Private
Private

Post by RACYA » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for your time, and customer service beyond what i was expecting, that helps me a lot, now i know how to move forward on this issue.
Again Thanks,
Carlos

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”