how intracate is tune?

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
the1andonlygr81
Private
Private

how intracate is tune?

Post by the1andonlygr81 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:49 pm

i have a 97 mark viii and i dont see ANY action on that forum. when you buy the special forces sniper programmer and it walks you through the questions shft points etc. it writes a "base" tune correc t? im afraid i dont know anything about tuning for power. having someone write a tune would make how much more difference? i9 had a sniper two years ago so i could adjust for mods myself, its the only tuner that covers the mark vii user adjustability. it was stolen with my last car a nd i was going to get another one but no tdyno shops use or even know about sniper programmer they would write a tune on another platform. im confused as to what gains do i get powerwise with base tunes vs performance tune from sct? do they just input the same info and i get the same base tune, for any real gains need dynotune?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: how intracate is tune?

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:13 am

We don't test other brands tunes so I'm not sure how our base tune compares to their base tune.
Keep in mind the tune is only as good as the person making it. If a shop has the know how and takes their time then you can see some really good results. If you want ultimate control and software that will work with just about any future modifications then I would recommend our Commando tuning kit. The Special Forces is good software and as you said will make a good base tune but if you want to go beyond that then our Commando kit would be the way to go.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”