Ready to buy, couple questions

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
chriswells78
Private
Private

Ready to buy, couple questions

Post by chriswells78 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm almost sold on a Special Forces tuner package thanks to JuggaloX's great video but I have a few questions about the capabilities of the product;

Can I turn off functions of the OBD2 system such as the EGR in an off highway vehicle?

Does the system actually calibrate the MAF to a new injector size or must you have an MAF pre-calibrated to the injectors being used?

by the way, I'm looking to tune a 96 Ford Explorer 5.0 AWD with additions consisting of:

Top end-FRPP E cam, Crane push rods, FRPP 1.6 Roller Rockrs,FRPP valve springs/retainers, Crane lifters and FRPP valve guides
Heads/Header-Stock GT40P Heads from a 98 Mountaineer with custom headers w/2.5" collector.
Upper intake and fuel-Stock Cobra style intake custom ported and polished, 30# FRPP injectors, Edelbrock 75mm TB, custom intake tube, 90mm Lightning MAF, K&N cone (planning on deleting EGR)
Exhaust-Full custom dual exhaust w cat's removed and glass packs added
Ignition-Stock Explorer DIS with MSD coil packs, Aroura 9mm wires and Platinum plugs.

I'm ready to drop the motor in this weekend, I'll need to tune it soon after. Thanks for your answers.
Co-Owner of http://www.ohiocustoms.com
1999 Mustang GT SNIPERED...
1996 Explorer XLT V8 4x4 SNIPERED...
2002 Lincoln LS V8(would be snipered if it was supported...)

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Re: Ready to buy, couple questions

Post by Mattr66 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:24 pm

all of your mods can easily be accomodated. You would simply specify the lightning meter and 30lb injectors in your tune and it will make everything work properly.... You can also fine-tune your mixture after the tune is produced as well.

Matt R
Matt Robinson
Delta Force Gas and Diesel Tuner
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

chriswells78
Private
Private

Re: Ready to buy, couple questions

Post by chriswells78 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:44 pm

I just purchased it. I hope it gets here soon. I'll report back with my experience.
Co-Owner of http://www.ohiocustoms.com
1999 Mustang GT SNIPERED...
1996 Explorer XLT V8 4x4 SNIPERED...
2002 Lincoln LS V8(would be snipered if it was supported...)

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”