Special Forces Gas

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
Post Reply
User avatar
Charlie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: North Texas

Special Forces Gas

Post by Charlie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Tweaking on my tune...... I have created several tunes.... Some work good.... LOL.... Some not so good.

Question.. I can not load a tune file into Special forces gas. I click on load a saved tune, change file type to all (because it does not see anything on .txt) I click on the file I want, and I get " Invalid Box. code 1019" Then I click the OK box, it goes to the area that you create a new tune. What am I doing wrong?

I've been making changes with Delta force, <--- I had rather not do this just yet, since I did make a mistake once (minor).

Thanks
Charlie
99 Lightning Rebuilt and tuned by me! 7.86 1/8th @ 89MPH
I am no professional tuner. The information I share here is from my personal experience with my truck. Your application may be different. There for your results may be different.

User avatar
Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Sanford, FL
Contact:

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:03 am

Charlie wrote:Tweaking on my tune...... I have created several tunes.... Some work good.... LOL.... Some not so good.

Question.. I can not load a tune file into Special forces gas. I click on load a saved tune, change file type to all (because it does not see anything on .txt) I click on the file I want, and I get " Invalid Box. code 1019" Then I click the OK box, it goes to the area that you create a new tune. What am I doing wrong?

I've been making changes with Delta force, <--- I had rather not do this just yet, since I did make a mistake once (minor).

Thanks
Charlie
You're selecting the wrong typ of file to load into Special Forces. Do not select "file type all". You need to navigate the the TXT folder which is located at: C:\Program Files\Sniper Performance\Tunes\TXT files. You'll find the file you're looking for in there.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

407.321.5725
www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Rhynotune
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Rhynotune » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:13 pm

One additional thing to remember is that you can't make a file in SF, modify it in Delta Force, then try to remod in SF.

In other words let's say you make a Special Forces file, you'll want to get all of your tweaking done in that program. Then save it, and use Delta Force for everything else.

It's sort of a one way street but it's the nature of the beast :(

Also as said, you'll wanna use the .txt version of your file to modify it.

Ryan
Ryan
RHYNOTUNE
rhynotune@gmail.com
Sniper Delta Force Tuner and Dealer

AIM: RyanatSDM

User avatar
Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Sanford, FL
Contact:

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:23 pm

Rhynotune wrote:One additional thing to remember is that you can't make a file in SF, modify it in Delta Force, then try to remod in SF.

In other words let's say you make a Special Forces file, you'll want to get all of your tweaking done in that program. Then save it, and use Delta Force for everything else.

It's sort of a one way street but it's the nature of the beast :(

Also as said, you'll wanna use the .txt version of your file to modify it.

Ryan
Thanks for pointing that out. It didn't dawn on me that could be happening with him.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

407.321.5725
www.DeltaForceTuning.com

User avatar
Charlie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Charlie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:02 pm

Nope.... not happening... LOL thats why I was getting the error. I tested it, just to be sure. (The wife is going to shoot me for spending more time with this Sniper stuff, than her.)

Thanks Again Ryan.

Charlie
99 Lightning Rebuilt and tuned by me! 7.86 1/8th @ 89MPH
I am no professional tuner. The information I share here is from my personal experience with my truck. Your application may be different. There for your results may be different.

User avatar
Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Sanford, FL
Contact:

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:52 am

Well, you shouldn't be selecting "All files" for the file types. Keep that as TXT files. Unless your TXT Files folder has been moved, all the files you have created should be in there.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

407.321.5725
www.DeltaForceTuning.com

User avatar
Charlie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Charlie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:25 pm

I was trying to do it with a tune Ryan sent me. There was no text file. But I still need a temp plate for a CUX1. Please.

Charlie41@tx.rr.com

Thanks
Charlie
99 Lightning Rebuilt and tuned by me! 7.86 1/8th @ 89MPH
I am no professional tuner. The information I share here is from my personal experience with my truck. Your application may be different. There for your results may be different.

User avatar
Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Sanford, FL
Contact:

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 pm

Charlie wrote:I was trying to do it with a tune Ryan sent me. There was no text file. But I still need a temp plate for a CUX1. Please.

Charlie41@tx.rr.com

Thanks
Charlie
You cannot edit or look at the file Ryan made with Special Forces. You will need the Commando software to do that. If interested in that, get with Ryan.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

407.321.5725
www.DeltaForceTuning.com

User avatar
Charlie
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Special Forces Gas

Post by Charlie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:36 pm

I have the Commando, and delta. Thats how I was doing my comparisons. Thats also how I figured out that my stock file was not a "stock" file. ( the reason for slow 1/4 mile times, I think) LOL Thats why I need a temp plate for the CUX1 "stock" file. It takes me an hour to make all the changes every time I start over. That is how much differences there is between the file pulled from my truck, and a real stock file. That, and the fact I'm slow.



Thanks
Charlie
99 Lightning Rebuilt and tuned by me! 7.86 1/8th @ 89MPH
I am no professional tuner. The information I share here is from my personal experience with my truck. Your application may be different. There for your results may be different.

Post Reply

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”