PMAS MAF

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
Mustang Dave
Private
Private

PMAS MAF

Post by Mustang Dave » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Can anyone tell me the closest setting on sniper for the PMAS on3 MAF? I am running a turbo at 8 psi and 42 lb injectors on the 97 gt.

one lone soldier
Private
Private

Re: PMAS MAF

Post by one lone soldier » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

You might wait a while for technical support like I am but I will help you. Is it a 75mm maf like a pro-m? If so use that and get/use a 32 bit operating system and have it moniter (with the data logging software) your injector trims, pulse width and maf a/d counts. Record those and either put in the new a/d counts or set up correction factors in the air flow and fuel systems. I'd also recommend a wideband sensor. Just because your modeling airflow now like an OEM would, doesn't mean the fuel system will automatically be correct, so that should be verified along side. Also make sure you set up in the software if your using it as a draw through or a blow through.

Edit: since your using 42lb injectors, an alternate option is a lightning maf which can be found on eBay for cheap. Of course assuming your engine is capable of taking in that kind of airflow. I hope this helps. :)
2002 f150 4.6 leter still running lean and still waiting on real technical support.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:52 am

What is the diameter of the PMAS? There may be a setting that's close but I'm not familiar with that exact MAF. As one lone soldier mentioned, a 90mm MAF would be a great option.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Mustang Dave
Private
Private

Post by Mustang Dave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:19 am

one lone soldier wrote:You might wait a while for technical support like I am but I will help you. Is it a 75mm maf like a pro-m? If so use that and get/use a 32 bit operating system and have it moniter (with the data logging software) your injector trims, pulse width and maf a/d counts. Record those and either put in the new a/d counts or set up correction factors in the air flow and fuel systems. I'd also recommend a wideband sensor. Just because your modeling airflow now like an OEM would, doesn't mean the fuel system will automatically be correct, so that should be verified along side. Also make sure you set up in the software if your using it as a draw through or a blow through.

Edit: since your using 42lb injectors, an alternate option is a lightning maf which can be found on eBay for cheap. Of course assuming your engine is capable of taking in that kind of airflow. I hope this helps. :)
It is a slot style PMAS HPX just like the BA5000. It is a 75 mm tube as well. Blow through of course since I am running a 70mm bb turbo. I did my first tune today and chose the steeda MAF which seems close so far. The fuel was very rich and I didn't realize you have to literally pull 1 point at a time and adjust from there after seeing the wide band. I now have the idle AFR bouncing from 14.3-14.9. I will have to dial in pt and ft next. The car is running much better after the tuning.

one lone soldier
Private
Private

Post by one lone soldier » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:49 am

run the recon data logging software and start measuring maf counts. After you get some Wide Open Throttle (WOT) runs you should have real world recorded values of what the MAF is seeing versus what is on the tuning table. input those values to correct the slope of the maf reading so it represents the data as closely as possible to what you recorded from the MAF values (if it truncates/rounds up or down, dont worry, it does so very little, the error would probably be a tenth of a percent if dialed in like an OEM (with error ranges of less than 3% to 1%, typical aftermarket tunes are as much as 5% or sometimes more off). Run again and log fuel and the maf values again (make sure the maf values do not change), the fuel ratio ahs to be checked as adjusting the maf counts will affect AF ratio so that is why I suggest you moniter both.

The data logger (recon) is very useful, and without using it, it is harder to tune, as band aid fixes have to be used. Model the airflow correctly, and your fuel ratios will be MUCH easier to control. Also moniter your short and long term fuel trims too especially after changing MAF values, they will tell you which way to tune (if your seeing fuel trim being added, lean it out a bit at a time until correct, if fuel trim is being taken out, your running too lean and probably would see it on the wideband, or the ECU would throw a CEL (if airflow modeling is also off at light loads/low speed/cruise/idle). Good luck buddy.

I would also recommend picking up some books on data logging as well to make your world easier. You would be suprised how close you can tune something with all the information data loggers output.
2002 f150 4.6 leter still running lean and still waiting on real technical support.

Return to “Special Forces Getting Started”