97 cobra tuning question

General use, comments, tips and info.
Toms97cobra
Private
Private

97 cobra tuning question

Postby Toms97cobra » Tue May 24, 2016 8:47 am

I have been working with the software (special forces) for a few weeks and like how easy it is. I haven't figured out commando yet but not to worried about it yet.

FYI I have a completely stock 97 cobra with no cats and h pipe and flow 40's on it. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and a/f meter on the pillar in the car. at idle I run 29 psi, 14.6:1. normal driving with a little gas it will hit about 13.4:1. WOT it seems to balance at 11.5:1 with a fuel pressure of 39. Now I have seen it goes into the 10's and hold but will creep into the 11's as rpm increase. I can defiantly feel a huge performance increase for sure. but it seems that I hit a flat spot around 6k rpm. what I mean I can feel the car pull like hell till about 6 and it seems the pull lessens or flattens off. FYI this is how I have it set up right now so that you know and maybe you see something I did wrong of to much......
spark adder
low +4
med+4
high+4
global +2

fuel adder
low .6
med .6
high .6
global p 1.1
global f 1.1

imrc fitment removed
h- pipe not cats
off road exhaust
93 octane

any advice for me (the new guy)
I am not using commando yet because I don't want to mess with it till I understand it better ( but I do have commando ).... but I am open to any ideas and advice so I can learn more about it. thought I would ask before I just start playing with the timing and fuel. I have put a few different tunes on it and this one is by far the best so far by leaps and bounds ........

thanks guys

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: 97 cobra tuning question

Postby Sniper Chris » Tue May 24, 2016 11:50 am

It's running too rich during WOT. You should be around 12.8-13.1. I would start with leaning the AFR. Also, since you will be leaning that out, I would also pull 2* out of low, mid and high (run +2* not +4*). Those changes should wake the car up even more.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Toms97cobra
Private
Private

Postby Toms97cobra » Tue May 24, 2016 1:08 pm

so should I run
timing
L 2 (was 4)
m 2 (was 4)
h 2 (was 4)

global 2 (was 2)

as far as fuel should I just changes the global P and F?

example
l .6
m .6
h .6
should I leave em or set them back to stock

GP lower(right now 1.1 maybe start by splitting in half)
GF lower(right now 1.1 maybe start by splitting in half)

but I know what my target is now...... thanks .......... by the way best tuner I have ever had been bragging about to my Mustang and Camaro buddies.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sniper Chris » Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 am

Just do the timing changes and leave the fuel alone. The initial tune from SF should not have made it that rich. After that, see where AFR is at and then make adjustments if needed.
Thanks for the bragging. :D
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces General”