Help with MAF selection...

General use, comments, tips and info.
deathrattle
Sergeant
Sergeant

Help with MAF selection...

Postby deathrattle » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:18 pm

I posted this in a different section but can't seem to get an answer. Anyway, I have a 2003 Mustang GT. It is supercharged and I have a SCT BA2400 MAF meter. I am running 42# injectors in it and it is running fine. However I would like to upgrade to 60# injectors. So what selections do I need to make in order for it to run properly? So far I tried setting the MAF brand to "Ford", the MAF calibration to "Generic 2400", and the injector size setting to "60" and that didn't work out so good. I also tried selecting "Ford" for mass air brand, "90 MM Lightning" for mass air calibration, and then "60" for injector size and that didn't work out either. Now I have been seeing that the 2400 MAF is a Granatelli meter. And it is supposed to be a direct replacement for the Lightning and it has the OEM Lightning calibrations in it. Which explains why it works so well with the 42s I have when I leave all the settings to "stock". So now that I have bigger injectors I need to know what selections to make so it'll work properly. Please let me know. Thanks.
03 GT - 4.6 stock shortblock, Patriot stage 2 heads, stock cams, Professional Products intake manifold/upper plenum/ 75mm TB, Vortech S-Trim with 3.33 pulley, Steeda powerpipe, SCT BA 2400, 42# injectors, 4.10s, built trans, 2400 RPM stall!

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Help with MAF selection...

Postby Sniper Chris » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am

Based on what you wrote... if the MAF is a "copy" of the Lightning MAF (calibration and diameter) then you just need to select Ford for the brand and 60 lbs for the injectors.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

deathrattle
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby deathrattle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Hey man, thanks for the reply. I tried that the other day and my car ran very rich. It dumped like a quarter tank of gas. I'm just gonna play it safe and get a Sniper Bazooka MAF. At least that way I can use SF and any injector and have no problems.
03 GT - 4.6 stock shortblock, Patriot stage 2 heads, stock cams, Professional Products intake manifold/upper plenum/ 75mm TB, Vortech S-Trim with 3.33 pulley, Steeda powerpipe, SCT BA 2400, 42# injectors, 4.10s, built trans, 2400 RPM stall!

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Sniper Chris » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:37 am

Hmm, sounds like the MAF is not a copy of the Lightning then (or it's just bad).
Unfortunately we're on a big back order of the Bazooka MAF's. I would recommend the stock 90mm Lightning MAF. It supports big horsepower, priced right and works great with the SF software.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

deathrattle
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby deathrattle » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Well Chris I tried the thing we talked about over the phone...adjusting the tune for Generic 2800. It didn't work. So instead of trying to make it play nice I just decided to buy a used Sniper Bazooka off someone from a forum. Until I get it I'll just keep the settings the same and use the 42s. Once I get the Bazooka I'll throw the 60s in and see how it runs. I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks again for all your help.

Return to “Special Forces General”