Ive found a quark with the v12

General use, comments, tips and info.
Juggalo_X
Warrant Officer 4
Warrant Officer 4

Ive found a quark with the v12

Post by Juggalo_X » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Well my v12 interface would freeze every time i tried to flash my pcm i have a 99-04 Mustang. these PCM's appear to be problematic for flashing with the v12 interface.

What i did was actually warm my car up to operating temperature before attempting to flash and bam worked perfect didnt freeze at all. no need to call sniper and cry for help with a dead car from the interface freezing now.

Lastly, had the torque retard removed at shift and does it ever shift smoother on the race setting and it hooks up on shifts allot better less traction loss u can really feel it pull on each shift now.
Click Here for Sniper Special Forces Tuner Review!
Click Here for Sniper Special Forces Feature Demo Video!

cliffyk
Sniper Tech Support
Sniper Tech Support

Re: Ive found a quark with the v12

Post by cliffyk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:32 pm

I had just finished a 50 mile drive (well, it was 10 minutes later) when v12 hung up while flashing my '03 GT--on a Friday evening at 7:00...

Coincidentally, the battery was less than a month old at that time--I really can't see how battery voltage should have been a problem. Also, Chris and I tried v12 several times on my car after I had driven 80 miles from Saint Augustine to Sanford, with varying success until he upgraded the interface to v13 (which as we all know broke Recon).
-cliff knight-
My Mustang
Multi-fuel: Burns gas and rubber

Juggalo_X
Warrant Officer 4
Warrant Officer 4

Post by Juggalo_X » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm

cliffyk wrote:I had just finished a 50 mile drive (well, it was 10 minutes later) when v12 hung up while flashing my '03 GT--on a Friday evening at 7:00...

Coincidentally, the battery was less than a month old at that time--I really can't see how battery voltage should have been a problem. Also, Chris and I tried v12 several times on my car after I had driven 80 miles from Saint Augustine to Sanford, with varying success until he upgraded the interface to v13 (which as we all know broke Recon).

this is really weird. cuz i couldn't get v12 to flash my pcm for the life of me. then i just let it warm up today cuz i was getting lil pissed off that i couldn't try my new tune and bam no issues.

cliffyk
Sniper Tech Support
Sniper Tech Support

Post by cliffyk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:48 pm

We (Chris and I) tried it 3 or 4 times, and I think it flashed successfully once--it took two new "fingerprints" via phone for me to get my car running again. Obviously it was stone cold, after sitting for two days, when the second try flashed it (I loaded the stock tune)...
-cliff knight-
My Mustang
Multi-fuel: Burns gas and rubber

Juggalo_X
Warrant Officer 4
Warrant Officer 4

Post by Juggalo_X » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:58 pm

cliffyk wrote:We (Chris and I) tried it 3 or 4 times, and I think it flashed successfully once--it took two new "fingerprints" via phone for me to get my car running again. Obviously it was stone cold, after sitting for two days, when the second try flashed it (I loaded the stock tune)...

i had to use 2 magic bullets as well too to recover my pcm. thats weird tho. only time ive got v12 to flash for me was today after i warmed the car up.

Return to “Special Forces General”