97 probe

General use, comments, tips and info.
Virgil
Private
Private

97 probe

Post by Virgil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:10 am

I am going to be picking up the sniper software on friday for my ranger and I had a couple of questions,

1. I have a 97 probe as well and I would love to get some tuning on it, how would I go about getting a tune? would the software already know what to do or will I need a custom tune first?

2. what is the difference with the commando versus the SF? is it really worth throwing the extra money on? I do plan on taking my 3.0 into some pretty serious mods (cams, port and polish, headers, and possibly either stroked and twin turbo or plain twin turbo) will SF be all that I need or is there more functions with commando that will serve my purpose?

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Re: 97 probe

Post by Mattr66 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:58 am

For really wild mods the commando is the way to go but it requires you to know what you are doing...

There are some good tuners that could supply custom files to you as well once you already own the Special Forces.... :lol:

Matt R
Matt Robinson
Delta Force Gas and Diesel Tuner
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: 97 probe

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Virgil wrote:I am going to be picking up the sniper software on friday for my ranger and I had a couple of questions,

1. I have a 97 probe as well and I would love to get some tuning on it, how would I go about getting a tune? would the software already know what to do or will I need a custom tune first?

2. what is the difference with the commando versus the SF? is it really worth throwing the extra money on? I do plan on taking my 3.0 into some pretty serious mods (cams, port and polish, headers, and possibly either stroked and twin turbo or plain twin turbo) will SF be all that I need or is there more functions with commando that will serve my purpose?

You'll need to confirm that your Probe has a Ford ecm in it. Some Probe's came equipped with Mazda computers.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces General”