Supercharged Focus

This forum covers all other Ford I4 vehicles that do not fit in the forums above.
Focus2069
Private
Private

Supercharged Focus

Post by Focus2069 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:21 pm

I currently have a 2002 Focus with fully built and studded motor, and a Powerworks supercharger on it.

I use currently use SCT software for tuning, and have heard great things about Sniper products and want to make the switch.

Can you give a brief comparison between Sniper and SCT (specfically the Xcal2).

Also, is Sniper compatible with Innovative Motorsports wideband 02 sensors (the LC-1)
300 whp Ford Focus

Lack of traction owns me.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Supercharged Focus

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Focus2069 wrote:I currently have a 2002 Focus with fully built and studded motor, and a Powerworks supercharger on it.

I use currently use SCT software for tuning, and have heard great things about Sniper products and want to make the switch.

Also, is Sniper compatible with Innovative Motorsports wideband 02 sensors (the LC-1)
If you could answer a couple questions first, I'll be able to answer your questions in better detail. Which software do you have? The Pro Racer or the Advantage? Are you a tuning shop or and idividual tuning your own vehicle?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Focus2069
Private
Private

Post by Focus2069 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:13 pm

Sniper Chris wrote: If you could answer a couple questions first, I'll be able to answer your questions in better detail. Which software do you have? The Pro Racer or the Advantage? Are you a tuning shop or and idividual tuning your own vehicle?

I dont have the pro racer, one of my friends is an SCT dealer (who is switching to Sniper software as well), and we have been using that to tune with. I am an individual, just with good connections, lol.

Thanks!
300 whp Ford Focus

Lack of traction owns me.

Rhynotune
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Rhynotune » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:58 pm

Focus2069 wrote:I currently have a 2002 Focus with fully built and studded motor, and a Powerworks supercharger on it.

Most of the advantages in the software are tuner geared, hardware wise, the Sniper Interface holds five on board programs vs. the Xcal's 3, it doesn't have a screen, and is also USB like the Xcal. Aside from that, it is field updateable, (sp) and is also quicker in terms of flash speed. It's generally quicker, and it also comes with Recon, Snipers datalogging software which (as a user of all three Ford editers) is much superior than the buggy, LiveLink.
Simply put, no... I don't know what plans there will be to integrate that but that currently is not offered.
Ryan
RHYNOTUNE
rhynotune@gmail.com
Sniper Delta Force Tuner and Dealer

AIM: RyanatSDM

CptPalmer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CptPalmer » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:09 am

Focus2069 wrote:Also, is Sniper compatible with Innovative Motorsports wideband 02 sensors (the LC-1)
Sniper is coming out with a new interface called Patriot, I believe this interface will have an I/O input port which would support 0-5V devices.
Palmer

Return to “I4 Engines”