unstable MAF and question about maf

This forum covers all other Ford V6 vehicles that do not fit in the forums above.
Jones1783
Private
Private

unstable MAF and question about maf

Post by Jones1783 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:45 pm

i noticed when tuning my mustang that my Mass air flow sensor is giving very unstable readings. ive tried to switch to a different maf and am getting the same results. i dont know if it is a electrical problem or what is going on. also my car is supercharged so i upgraded to a ford lightning maf and am unsure exactly to pick in the drop down bar on the special forces. would appreciate some advise.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: unstable MAF and question about maf

Post by Sniper Chris » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:52 am

When you say "unstable", what is it doing?

In the software you would select "80mm Lightning" or "90mm Lightning" (depending on which one you have).
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Jones1783
Private
Private

Post by Jones1783 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm

It's just jumping around a lot and giving a high reading for ideling. I went ahead and ordered a new maf housing with a air straightener. Hoping that will settle it down. I also ordered in in 90mm so I now the correct size too. It comes in, in a couple days so I will see what happens

Jones1783
Private
Private

Post by Jones1783 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 pm

ok so that didnt work. not sure what im doing wrong with my tune. i cant seem to build vacuum but i have smoked the entire intake system and the leaks that are their are very minimal. im only getting around 9-10 vacuum sometimes worse though. can a bad tune cause that? my current mods are mild cam, 42lb injectors, roots style supercharger off of thunderbird sc, egr delete, full headers with off road x pipe and 340lph fuel pump, blow through style maf from ford lighting 90mm. could the fuel pump cause the problem since their isn't a exact selection in the tuning software. ive tried selecting the focus pump and the cobra, but it didnt help. it seems like no matter what setting i choose i cant get it to lean out. it is running so rich it is blowing clouds. not sure what to do but i cant keep throwing money at this project.

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:38 am

No, tuning will not effect vacuum. That is definitely low vacuum and can be the reason why it's running the way it is. I'd say you need minimum 13 inches vacuum.
The fuel pump selection would not be causing this problem.
Can you email me the tune you created (snipertuned@yahoo.com)? If so, include a full list of modifications and I'll take a look to see if anything obvious.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “V6 Engines”