Fuel adjustment

This forum covers all other Ford V8 vehicles that do not fit in the forums above.
tneff
Private
Private

Fuel adjustment

Postby tneff » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:59 pm

98 Ford Ranger, w/99 Explorer 5.0 bottom end. Edelbrock performer heaeds w/1.70 rr's. Crane 2031 cam, SCT 90mm MAF. 24lb injectors.99 Exploer ECM

Tuned via Commando, still having lean/rich issues. Adjusted global pt/ft, but seams to be some confusion as to which way leans or richens. The book, and software (not infront of me atm) seam to contradict each other. 1.0 to1.5 to richen, 0.9 to0.1 to lean ? I need to add a little more fuel, any changes made in commando under fuel seams to cut the fuel off. Right now I am set on 1.5 FTand PT, to make it run under Ford Fuel base programming. Any changes in Commando seam to do opposite of what we need. Cam has 5* timing built in, have changed it to O* to start out. Any suggestions on fuel tables ?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Fuel adjustment

Postby Sniper Chris » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 am

If you're using Special Forces.... 1.5 would be the max rich you can go with the FT & PT.

If you're using Commando, the tables to adjust would be...
1. Stabilized Open Loop Fuel Table
2. If that's not working then you probably need to adjust the MAF transfer function.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

tneff
Private
Private

Re: Fuel adjustment

Postby tneff » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Pm'd you Chris

Return to “V8 Engines”