Turning off PATS

4.6L Modular 4 valve engine and 4.6L Modular 2 valve engine
painterboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turning off PATS

Post by painterboy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 pm

I have a 2000 Mustang GT and i went to write a new tune to my chip and now i am unable to turn the PATS off and now sometimes when i try to write a tune i will get an error code ( Error There was a problem writing!) Any ideas?

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Turning off PATS

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 am

Did any of your files get moved on your pc? Make sure the stock file is located in the Original Files folder. If it's there, is it the correct size (224/225kb)?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

painterboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by painterboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:25 am

Yes the stock file is in its correct place and its 224KB

painterboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by painterboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:30 am

if i switch usb ports it will say it writes the tune but it does it really fast and there will be nothing on the chip

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 am

Just so I'm understanding correctly, you're having two problems?

1. You cannot create or modify a tune with the Special Forces software.
2. You cannot write a tune to the plug-in chip with the chip burner.

My last response would have addressed #1. Being that the file is the right size and in the right folder then two more things to check.
A) Is the Original Files folder in the right location. Without know what version your software is or which Windows OS you're using it's difficult to help. If you have v23 software then the Original Files folder should be located in the Delta Force Tuning folder that's on your desktop.
B) Make sure that the needed template is in the TRM Files folder. The template code will be the first 5-digits or your stock file name. For example, if your stock file name is CDAN4.LLX3.pcm then the CDAN4 would be the template name. So, in the TRM Files folder, make sure you have the CDAN4.trm file.

For #2, make sure after connecting the chip burner to your pc, make sure you wait at least 10 seconds before trying to open the software. Sometimes it takes a few moments for the pc to recognize that burner is connected.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

painterboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by painterboy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am

I am able to create and modify a tune. Im not able to get it to the chip, I've even tried another chip, another chip burner, and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the burner and yes i'm using V23 with windows 7 when i try to burn the chip i will get different results it wont erase or i get the error and sometimes it will act like it writes to the chip and do it really fast but the chip will still be blank

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:09 am

Are you using the newer style chip and burner? The newer style chip burner is a small plastic box and the older style is a metal box.
If you're using the newer style, I have not heard these issues you're having. The newer style has been pretty bullet proof for past few years so it would seem that something may have gone wrong with them. I would suggest sending them in and let us check them out.
What's strange is that you said that you have tried more than one (chip and burner) so to have two bad ones would be unlikely (not impossible) so there could be something going on with software installation. When you reinstall are you just clicking NEXT during the process (allowing it to install where it wants to go)? If not, then try that.
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “1996 - 2004 Mustang and Cobra”