how do i tune my cobra now that i have added bolt ons..

Mustang Cobra, codename TERMINATOR with the supercharged 4.6L 4 valve Modular Engine.
cobra512
Private
Private

how do i tune my cobra now that i have added bolt ons..

Post by cobra512 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm

hi im having trouble.. u see i have my 2003 svt cobra but i ordered a new pulley a 2.75 with trk6 spark plugs and a intake.. it also has a cat back exhaust.. where do i start? i know how to do the basic stuff but what about the detailed tuning with the spark, lean and rich and all that? i feel like my car is running lean if im not mistaken.. any recommendation on how i should tune it. and how much hp do u think i will put out? can u be specific on what areas i have to adjust? and how much?
2003 10th anniversary svt cobra ( k&n fipk air intake, 2.75 pulley, flo master cat back, x pipe, and trk6 spark plugs with sniper special forces tuning. 450 rwhp

cliffyk
Sniper Tech Support
Sniper Tech Support

Re: how do i tune my cobra now that i have added bolt ons..

Post by cliffyk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 am

You should start by buying this book, and then reading it several times. That will give you a basic understanding of what's what in EFI tuning.

Next buy a wideband O2 sensor. Do NOT adjust any fuel modifiers unless you have a wideband sensor--there is a significant possibility of engine damage from overly lean AFRs.
-cliff knight-
My Mustang
Multi-fuel: Burns gas and rubber

Return to “2003 - 2004 Supercharged Cobra”