Sniper products (Now includes info on SF vs Commando/Delta)

Headshot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sniper products (Now includes info on SF vs Commando/Delta)

Post by Headshot » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi guys,

I understand that 'Commando' is aimed (haha) at the individual, and that 'Delta Force' is workshop oriented, but what's 'Special Forces'? Is it applicable to Australia?

The main Sniper site seemed to talk about Powerstrokes, so I thought SF was diesel only, then I spied the bit about Special Forces 'Gas'. :?

Second question, what's Patriot all about?

Cheers,

HT.
Last edited by Headshot on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aussie Commando Operator
FORD 5.4L V8 BOSS & 4.0L I6 Turbo

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Sniper products

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:54 am

Headshot Tuning wrote:Hi guys,

I understand that 'Commando' is aimed (haha) at the individual, and that 'Delta Force' is workshop oriented, but what's 'Special Forces'? Is it applicable to Australia?

The main Sniper site seemed to talk about Powerstrokes, so I thought SF was diesel only, then I spied the bit about Special Forces 'Gas'. :?

Second question, what's Patriot all about?

Cheers,

HT.
At this time, the Special Forces is not applicable for Australian vehicles. We are looking into including the Australian cars but it will be at least several months (if not little longer).
The Patriot isn't scheduled to be released until later in the year. I can't give too much information about it at this time.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Headshot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Headshot » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 am

Thanks Chris. I found some more info on SF, including the video demo that was posted up.

At any rate, my Commando pack should be arriving from Barry any day now; I look forward to getting into it.

Cheers,

HT.
Aussie Commando Operator

Headshot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Headshot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 pm

As a further note to this thread (for anyone from Oz reading), I've had a full look around the forum and now understand what SF is, vs Commando/Delta.

This quote from Sniper Chris (noting that SF isn't yet available for Aussie vehicles) explains everything 8-) Basically, SF when released for us, will be a fantastic tool for creating new tunes and learning how they differ to the stock tunes.

I imagine there is a HUGE amount of work to do, to make sure that SF creates safe and reliable tunes for our very unique Fords, particularly the 4.0L Turbos. Hats off to Sniper and BPT for taking this on.

Anyway, have a read:
Sniper Chris wrote:Well, we have two different tuning packages. Determining on which one of the two will depend on how deep you want to get into tuning. The Special Forces is designed for the beginner. It's based on pointing and clicking. You will be asked about 30 questions about your car (fuel injectors, headers, turbo, boost pressure, rev limiters, etc...) and all you do is click on the proper answer. Once all the questions have been answered, the software will generate a tune for you. This tune will work great but since people live in differenent locations (high altitude vs low, hot climate vs cool) the tune will be a little bit on the conservative side. What I mean by this is that it will be a little rich and probably a little down on timing. Now, don't misunderstand what I'm saying...this doesn't mean that your vehicle will not make great power. 95% of the customers will be totally satisfied with the tune that got created. The remaining 5% are the people who are seeking every ounce of power. Probably the ones that go to the track often. The Special Forces will also allow you to go in the do some fine tuning to the AFR and timing. But it is somewhat limited. Meaning, you can swing AFR about 1 AFR point (richer or leaner) and you can advance or retard timing about 10 degrees. If you need more than this, then you will need to get the Commando software.

The Commando package (which comes with Special Forces) is extremely powerful. It will let you get as fine tuned as much as you desire. There's no limits on timing or richening/leaning AFR. Because of this ultimate control you have, Commando can be a complicated. It's not just answering questions like the Special Forces. It's laid out kinda like a spread sheet. There are 3 areas of tuning (Scalars, Functions and Tables). Each one of these areas can have up to hundreds of areas and each eara plays a role in the vehicle's tune. When you go into one of those areas, it will open up like a spread sheet. For example: Lets say you're looking at a timing table. It may be 10 columns by 10 rows. Column 1, row 1 would represent idle and colum 10, row 10 would represent WOT @ 7000 rpms. And everything in between would represent the different throttle positions and enging load. So, you can see how fine you can tune the engine (or trans). However if complete control is what you're looking for, then there's nothing better than the Commando software. This is one of the reasons we include Special Forces with the Commando kit. You can simply create your performance file with Special Forces and then load it into the Commando software and also load a stock file (Commando allows you to load multiple files). Once you have them both loaded, you can compare the two files. The Commando will show you the before/after values side by side. It will show you what areas got tuned and how much the values were changed. So now, as you might have figured out. The Special Forces software is training you how to use the Commando software.

I hope I didn't rant too much. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Headshot on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie Commando Operator

philstoj
Private
Private

Re: Sniper products (Now includes info on SF vs Commando/Delta)

Post by philstoj » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:24 pm

This stuff looks really good, about time we get some more choice for tuning our Fords!!.

When is it available to suit AU models?
DPC Performance Enhanced

Return to “Australian Tuners”