question before buying

Sales, features, capabilities, vehicles, licensing, bullets, ...
ceracer33
Private First Class
Private First Class

question before buying

Post by ceracer33 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm

i am seriously concidering buying the special forces software but i have a question. i have been looking around at different tuners, and was considering buying the tweecer. after some research i was told that it is very hard to tune a cammed modular with the tweecer, and then i heard about the sniper software. so my question is how hard is it to tune for cams with this software? i dont want to invest a lot of money in something that isnt going to do what i need it to do. also i run a 100 shot wet on my car and need to make sure my tune is safe for nitrous as well. i will be using a wideband obviously to check my a/f ratio before spraying, but my main concern at this point is being able to get the car running right with it being cammed.

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Re: question before buying

Post by Mattr66 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:08 pm

You might want to look into the commando package.
Matt R
No matter whose package you use you are tuning the same parameters. And both require some knowlege on how to use them. The Commando may be just a bit more intuitive when it comes down to usability.

Matt R
Matt Robinson
Delta Force Gas and Diesel Tuner
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

ceracer33
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ceracer33 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 pm

well i did some more searching around on the forum and found some answers to some of my questions. i searched before i posted using the search function and got nothing, then i made a post and started browesing while i was waiting and found a little info, go figure. from what i was reading i should be able to get the car tuned with just the special forces software and a wideband. and from what i understand, if i change my mind later down the road i can upgrade to the commando package by just paying the difference in pricing? is that correct? still got a couple questions though, one is does the special forces software datalog? and number 2 is, the software comes with 2 bullets so that u can tune 2 different cars. i have a 99gt and my dad has an 03mach1, if i load my stock tune to number 6 and make a tune and then load it to one of the numbers and then into the car, and i go to tune my dads mach 1, i have to load his stock tune to number 6 also right? wont that override my stock tune causing me to lose it? or does it automatically know that im tuning on a different car and account for that?

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:36 pm

The stock tunes are saved to your PC. Just keep the stock files in a safe place you can always load them in any position and shoot em back to the car. I'm sure sniper has you stock file in their library as well.

Matt R
Matt Robinson

ceracer33
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ceracer33 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 pm

damn man now that u say that i remember reading it, my brain is fried lol. its been a super long day and i just really need to go to bed before i ask any other dumb questions i already know the answer too. thanks a lot. does anyone think i will have a problem getting the car tuned atleast well enough to idle without going dead by using the special forces?

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:33 am

Yes the Special Forces will in fact get you damn close.

If you need custom tunes and other parameters modified then there are a few of us around that can manipulate your files even further in delta force and send them back to you. :D

Matt R
Matt Robinson

ceracer33
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ceracer33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am

thanks for all ur help man. im pretty certain i will be making a purchase as soon as i get the cash.

Return to “Special Forces Product Info”