Passive Anit Theft

Sales, features, capabilities, vehicles, licensing, bullets, ...
KitCobraDave
Private
Private

Passive Anit Theft

Post by KitCobraDave » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Just wandering if anyone knows what can be customized inside the passive anit theft system. What would interest a lot of us Factory Five Racing Cobra Kit builders is if you can completely turn off the PATS. Many of our cars are built by using a Mustang as a "Donor Car" where we take parts from a mustang and use them to build our cars. The one headache that keeps coming up is the fact that we have to put the mustang gauge cluster and key reader behind the dash of our cars in order to be able to still start our engine. Quite the headache! I know a lot of guys that would love a sniper tuner for both tuning and getting rid of the PATS on our cars.

ELVATO
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Passive Anit Theft

Post by ELVATO » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:45 am

From what I was told, SF can turn off the PATs system. Of course, I'd wait for the "big guys" to confirm.
2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6
-AFE Cold Air Intake
-Custom Sniper Tune by Matt
-Magnaflow muffler swap
-Mark VIII E-fan, DC Controller
-Summit UD pullies

bgrd351
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by bgrd351 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:02 am

It is listed in the SF and on the website as an option.

sniperpat469
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by sniperpat469 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:56 am

Yes the SF will turn off the PATS system , engine swapping is the reason we included in the software.

Patrick

KitCobraDave
Private
Private

Post by KitCobraDave » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:08 pm

8-) I am very happy to hear that. Quite a few Cobra guys want the PATS system turned off and I think the ability to tune as well makes the SF a very viable option to us. The 4.6l Ford engines are very popular in the kits we use but a lot of guys spend lots of money converting to a custom spreadbore manifold and either a carb or aftermarket fuel injection system due to the inability to tune and also remove unwated functions from the PCM. I will be passing this info on to the guys on our message board and hopefully will be adding a SF and Recon software to my "toolbox". One other question I have is wether or not Sniper Tuning offers any "Performance Tunes" that are available for download so the end customer doesn't have to worry about whether or not changing a few perameters might do damage to his car but still get a HP and Tourque boost???

geoffav
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by geoffav » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:20 pm

It's good news for a bunch of hot rod builders like me that plan to use the 4.6.
Geoff
04 Mach1 Torch Red 5spd w/281 CobraJet Engine
03 Mach1 Azure Blue 5spd w/281 CobraJet Engine
33 Ford 3 Window, 4.6DOHC stack intake

http://www.weevilcitycruisers.com/index.html

Virgil
Private
Private

Post by Virgil » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:16 am

question is does it trip the CEL light, SCT tuners can turn off the PATS but the CEL comes on

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 am

Virgil wrote:question is does it trip the CEL light, SCT tuners can turn off the PATS but the CEL comes on
The "theft" light will flash for about 10 seconds every time you start the car. Unfortunately that is a result from the module behind the dash and cannot be addressed in tuning (even though the PATS is turned off).
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Special Forces Product Info”