Sort of off topic

If it does not fit in a forum below this is the place where it belongs.
Jimmer009
Private
Private

Sort of off topic

Post by Jimmer009 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 pm

So I'm looking at buying the set up for the pass thru and software to tune ford gas motors. I like the entry level of the software. But my question is can I use this set up after it is tuned for anything else???

I mainly ask because the vcds cable I use for reading, writing, tuning, and logging is all the same and the main reason for the cable is vagcom. Witch is the best scan tool you can buy for an Audi (b5 s4)

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Sort of off topic

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am

Not sure I understand completely. Our entry tuning kit (Special Forces) will allow you to tune 2 vehicles (that we support). After that, you have the option to purchase additional "Bullets" so you can tune additional vehicles. Bullets are just passwords that allows our hardware to work on additional vehicles.
Once a vehicle is tuned, you are able to tune it as often as you like. You're not limited to just one tune.
Lastly, be sure to check out our Vehicle Support section of our website as we do not cover many of the newer vehicles.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Jimmer009
Private
Private

Post by Jimmer009 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. And I understand the bullets. My question is with a j2534 pass thru device I can use software ford IDS (I'd have to pay for it.)

After I tune my truck can I use this tool to see fault codes and clear them??? Or even logging???

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:16 pm

When our tool reads the stock tune from the Ford vehicle, the file gets encrypted to our specs. Unfortunately you will not be able to modify this read without our software. If you bought our tuning kit then you can read, modify and then write back to vehicle. You cannot use our files with software because of the encryption.
What is year, make and model of your truck?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Jimmer009
Private
Private

Post by Jimmer009 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Ok I was not sure. But it would be cool lol.

Anyway it's just an 02 f150 5.4(turd) I really just want to wake it up. The tranny feels like it races to OD. So at 45mph I'm turning 1400rpm. And I have to mash the gas to get it to upshift to get to 55mph. But the second car is a 04 mustang mach 1. Bassani x pipe, true cold air intake, a couple other little things. Was dyoned at 300hp to the rear wheels but did not pass nys inspection so it got flashed back to stock.

Return to “Lounge”