Fuel Trim #'s

Have a question or in need of assistance?
Tmkmatt
Private
Private

Fuel Trim #'s

Postby Tmkmatt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey guys fairly new to tuning with the Delta Force Commando setup. Car is fairly stock for the most part

1996 GT 4.6 ( 5spd ) - PI Intake Swap w/aftermarket elbow. BBK Catted X Pipe and Mac 2.5" Cat Back and 4.30gears w/drag radials.

So far with just minor adjustments through the Special Forces software we have made some real good progress at the drag strip. My question is now that I have the RECON Data Logging hooked up as I look over some data from a test pass my short term fuel trims are in the 50-55 range across all throttle ranges.

At low RPM it is reading 22-26 degrees of timing and high rpm it drops down as low as 10. MAF Voltage is in a steady range around 1.25 and TPS Volts around .94

Tried adjusting to correct the fuel trim lower as I had read online to where it should be around 10%. Made a small adjustment to the injector slope and it brought the reading to 25 but car definitely did not like it.

Hoping there is something I don't know or I am overlooking. Thanks for your help in advance, Matt

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Fuel Trim #'s

Postby Sniper Chris » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Unlike other data loggers, our Recon uses Ford numbers thus the reason you see 50-55. So, if you're using our Recon the 50 is perfect. 55 would represent that you're 5% off.
The timing numbers that you listed are during heavy load acceleration?
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Tmkmatt
Private
Private

Re: Fuel Trim #'s

Postby Tmkmatt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Chris I am seeing 50-55 at low rpms and had a few areas where it dropped to high 40's under heavy acceleration. Now knowing how the recon is reading it appears I am a touch fat down low and a touch lean up top. I am going to try and get out this weekend and gather some additional data to work from

Return to “Commando - Delta Forces Help”