Interface/Multiloader error 62

Have a question or in need of assistance?
blklightning1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Interface/Multiloader error 62

Post by blklightning1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:24 pm

While revising tunes for dashpot setting - different supercharger setup. Flashed the pcm, went to start the engine and cooling fans come on - usually means a corrupt tune!
Plugged in interface to pc via usb port, loaded a know "good" tune into position 1. Plugged in interface, did the correct sequence of buttons, then key on.
Cooling fans turn as always while flashing, but error code 62 flashes up on led 1 & 2, which means Vehicle software revision doesn't match. I have V.14 revision.
Verified original files are in C:Program Files/Sniper customer reads, PCM tunes are in same location. Now around this time last year the stock CVAF1.GTG9.pcm file became corrupted and Sniper sent me a new file and it worked - possibly same type issue and if so, what is causing this to happen.
I have been using the software/hardware for the last few months on my diesel truck and no problems there, but I am extremely reluctant to hook up the interface to the diesel truck for fear of two stranded vehicles.

Please help anyone, could this be a driver issue or?

Mike Miller

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Interface/Multiloader error 62

Post by Sniper Chris » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 am

Sounds like the computer got erased. This could have happened during the writing process from low battery voltage, cable disturbance, key off, etc...
To recover the computer you will need to give us a call with a hardware fingerprint from the Bullet Utility program and we should be able to provide a recovery Bullet.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

blklightning1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blklightning1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 am

Dear Chris,
The recovery bullet did not work. One thing I noticed now is when interface is plugged into DLC/OBD port, Led #4 does not illuminate and of course error code 62 remains. A scan tool will not communicate with PCM either, verified all fuses are intact. I could not determine what led #4 relates to on the interface, but I am sure there is a communication error somewhere in vehicle system(s). I will call in Monday from the shop with the car and laptop/interface. The interface did re-flash the diesel truck this weekend, which points to the vehicle systems I believe.
Thanks for your support Friday to get this far.

Mike Miller

blklightning1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blklightning1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 am

UPDATE - Delta Force came thru again!!!!!

Original PCM in car is defective. Nothing wrong with Delta Force Hardware/Software. They also provided me with a replacement Bullet since the defective pcm was tied to the original bullet and will not communicate with the Interface or a Scan tool!
I had another pcm to perform back to back testing which confirmed the defective pcm issue.

Can't say enough about their excellent customer service and support.

THANKS guys - above and beyond to Chris for helping me recover the ability to continue tuning - I change engine combinations about every year, so having product support over many years to critical to me.

M. Miller

Sniper Chris
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Sniper Chris » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:55 am

Not a problem. Glad you're back on track.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Technical Support

www.DeltaForceTuning.com

Return to “Commando - Delta Forces Help”