Help with single shot tune

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
diesel 2006

Help with single shot tune

Post by diesel 2006 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:24 am

I got the special forces diesel, and want to make change to my truck since i changed from split shot to single shot injectors. i put all the information in the special forces program. i loaded into the truck and it did not make any difference at all. i have since got the commando software to work on it. i have had help form other people, it works better but needs more work. what do i need to change to make the truck run well. the help menu will not work when i click on it either. What am i doing wrong? i just want it to run well, i am not racing it. i am using a DAC3 pcm.

Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Re: Help with single shot tune

Post by Mattr66 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:48 pm

I thought I already told you how to fix it but I can't find that post. Not only did you change from split to single, but you went with a bigger nozzle that is dumping in way too much fuel when you step on the pedal which makes it overly sensitive. You need to pull the pulsewidth back with either the FDCS PW table or fuel multipliers elsewhere.

Also you have more "injection advance" by having larger nozzles and a single injection event (why they call them single shots).It is putting the fuel in there sooner so you may even need to take some timing out if you are getting an injection rattle (sounds like detonation).

If there is something you don't understand about what the parameters mean then just ask.
Matt R
Matt Robinson
Delta Force Gas and Diesel Tuner

Return to “Commando - Delta Forces Getting Started”