New to Delta Force / commando Tuning Software

New to tuning? Not sure where to start?
sniperpat469
General of the Army
General of the Army

New to Delta Force / commando Tuning Software

Post by sniperpat469 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Hello and welcome Please start any new subject on any tuning topic the more question ask here the quicker you can learn the system.

Patrick

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Re: New to Delta Force / commando Tuning Software

Post by Tector » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 am

I am still struggling to get rid of a stumble somewhere between a cold and warm engine. The problem occurs at about 100 deg. for the ECT and taking off from a stop sign. The RPM probably drops into the 500 range. What tables or scalars would impact this operating range? I've tried richening the Cold Start Open Loop Fuel table with some success, but it seems like there must be another table or scalar I should also be looking at.

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am

what have you changed over stock? Does it seem like a tip-in only issue?
Matt Robinson
Delta Force Gas and Diesel Tuner
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 am

The car is the same as the last time you helped me out. I took it to a local tuner and had him run it on his dyno. He got rid of the Roush tune, started with a generic Mustang tune, applied adding a supercharger, and went from there. He has the AFR and the timing at WOT nailed. The car runs great except for the stumble. I would say it's probably a tip in problem, but if you step in the clutch and try a second time everything is okay. It's hard to tune for and verify if you did any good because you have to wait overnight for everything to cool down to get it to stumble. If I didn't have a stop sign about a half of a mile from my house, I probably would have never noticed the problem.

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 pm

try knocking down you manifold volume scalar a tick or two.... if that doesn't do the trick then send me your files....

I personally would have stuck to the roush tune because they always fix all the little drivability issues, but this can be fixed none the less...
Matt Robinson

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 am

I'll send you my file this weekend. I have tried playing with the manifold volume and it doesn't seem to affect the stumble at all. I did try richening the cold start open loop fuel table this morning by 15% and that almost got rid of the problem. I agree with you completely about starting off with the Roush tune and going from there. For some reason or another the guy who tuned my car was having trouble getting that to work. I am tempted to take the Roush tune I have and plug in his MAF and timing tables. Like I said before he nailed the MAF transfer function. The AF ratio from 2000 -6000 rpm at WOT is as flat as a ruler. He is also certain he can get rid of the cold engine lean spot, but He's 60 miles away and the car has to be there overnight which is a real nuisance for me. I've asked him for suggestions to changes I can make, but he's dead set against me making any changes.

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:06 am

you can't copy the spark table into the roush tune..... the values look to be inflated because of altered spark parmeters elsewhere that reduce the overall spark output...

That's probably why your tuner wanted to start from scratch.... the timing tables look crazy on those tunes....LOL
Matt Robinson

Tector
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tector » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:34 am

You're not kidding the timing tables look weird. The tuner made the same comment. He said "man does Roush run a lot of timing!" He tried using the Roush timing table and the knock sensors dropped it back. I could probably use the timing table you made for me based on the Roush tune.

Mattr66
Warrant Officer 5
Warrant Officer 5

Post by Mattr66 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:29 am

All is not what it appears on the roush tune.... cut that timing to about half of what it says in the tables....LOL
Matt Robinson

Return to “Commando - Delta Forces Getting Started”